Based in Brussels, Belgium
Born August 2nd 1987
I used to call myself a photographer.
But I’m actually dedicated to many passions and in an open relationship with many image making techniques. Always taking the best from each worlds, from high end robotics to diy low budgets solutions, as long as it’s wrapped, it’s all good to me.
So call me what you want, to be honest, I like to stay untitled while being efficient and usefull.
F.A.Q – But Actually, what do you do?
In order to make myself clear, here’s a scope of my different skills, experiences, selected past jobs and stuff I spent time on.
(In order of appearence from the last to my first love)
- – Motion Control operator on Mark Roberts Motion Control Rigs. Currently working and learning with Alex DeHeus from Motion Control Europe (High speed Bolt, Milo, Moco Solutions.)
- – Nuke and vfx compositing techniques – Assistant to VFX Supervisor Phillipe Désiront on “Kursk” / directed by Thomas Vinterberg. Europacorp.
- – Art direction / DIY / Guerilla 21st Century do everything one man band at EMD Music Europe, working for the music instruments brands STAGG MUSIC and REMO.
- – I spend time in the dark doing Analog B&W and Color photographic print, I like to spend time in the lab of my friend Yvan Guerdon.
- – I love to play with physical laws and find meaning to them. Check the project I did with Thomas Vaquié “Ether”.
- – I get along with digital manipulation, retouching, editing, color grading,…softwares are good to me. (and I think those graphics showing your skills in Adobe are a bit pointless) – I can do most of the so called “man work”, I mean, I can lift heavy things, load trucks, paint walls, repair bikes, build stuffs from scratches, use tools like saws, screwdriver, knives and sanding paper. I don’t have no crossfit club subscribtion though.
- – Founding member from The Castle (rip) / Brussels, underground and loud psych rock gigs, zines, love, life & laughs in a 19th century magic city house.
- – I can programm DMX, that means, from 1 to 512, I can program lighting for your need.
- – Stellar Swamp organiser / Brussels’s psychedelic music festival. (booking, pimping, creating the visual ID with G. Gauthier), powered by scratches and passion.
- – Finding solutions for complicated lighting solutions, reflections, tricky materials,etc… Shooting photography of Objects, design and artworks for galeries, artists and designers such as Maarten DeCeulaer, Victor Hunt, Nilufar,.. published in many magazines such as DAMN, WALLPAPER, L’OFFICIEL, VOGUE, HARPER’S BAZAAR, DOMUS, ELLE DECORATION,etc…
- – Founding member of Studio With A View, a large warehouse dedicated to creation where I had my studio for a few years.
- – Collaboration with many bands from the Brussels’s local music scene and abroad. From directing music video to seting-up visual ID’s, to diy live vjing and lighting solution.
- – I love to shoot portraits and people I meet, this is quiet of an old love.
- – With Ben C. and Charles K. we used to had a punk band where we played no music, it was called “Les Photographes”. It was around 2009, while you were throwing parties, we set up stupid ideas with our flashes and our laser printer and we covered the walls with the results of our insanity. (see TetjesMaton). Later on, an another group of delighted professionals called “Les photographes” as well, kindly asked us to give them back their name, this lead us to split the band.
– This is a non-exhaustive list.
– I still hate to put things in cases.
– I never managed to write a curiculum vitae.
– I don’t know what’s the next camera you should buy.
– I won’t do your wedding, or maybe at the bar, but I’m not drinking that much anymore.
New York Times
Het Belang Van Limburg
Henry Van De Velde Awards Catalogue
Architectura y Diseno
Folha De Sao Paulo
New Style Man
Furnitecture: Furniture that transforms space, edited by Anna Yudina, Thames and Hudson, 2015
Cool Product Design, edited by Ruili Ruo and Ruyi Deng, Designerbooks, 2015
Sustainable Living – Green Design’, edited by Ruili Ruo ad Ruyi Deng, Designerbooks, 2015
Artes 4 – sistema de ensino’, edited by Tuca Iralah, Editora Poliedro, 2014
Terrific Design, edited by Cristina Morozzi, published by 24Ore Cultura, 2014
Belgium’s Best Design, published by Luster, edited by Hadewijch Ceulemans, 2013
Furniture Design, edited by Stuart Lawson, published by Laurence King Publishing Ltd, 2013
Think Dutch, published by DAAB MEDIA GMBH, edited by Robert Thiemann, 2013
Henry Van De Velde Awards 2012 publication’ Design Flanders with OVAM and Flemish Parlement and CultuurInvest, 2012
In Residence Design Dialogues #4 Sense Memory, edited by Barbara Brondi & Marco Rainò, Corraini Edizioni, 2012